Despite a spark plug being a small bolt of lightning, it is a very useful equipment required to start your car by igniting the internal combustion engine. Your vehicle can ignite, produce a smooth burn of the air-fuel mixture, and stay powered up.
Spark plugs withstand pressure and an extreme heat within the engine cylinders. They also burn off fuel additive deposits or other contaminants. So, a spark plug is essential in a Toyota FJ Cruiser since your car won’t start or move without it.
You can also read our other guide: Top Car Battery Brands
Similarly, if your spark plug is faulty, it will create many problems in the engine. For example, you may have cold-starting issues or misfires when accelerating. Besides, you won’t enjoy or sustain maximum power ride, and your fuel consumption will be high and non-economical.
Best Spark Plugs for FJ Cruiser
When shopping for a spark plug for your FJ Cruiser, you need to go for the best model to avoid all these problems. Most manufacturers advise car owners to replace their spark plug after every 30,000 miles. However, its longevity will depend on the quality, type, and condition of the spark plug. Copper plugs have a short life span compared to other materials, which provide up to four times longevity.
When your spark plug is working correctly, you will not only start your car without a hitch, but you will enjoy a better fuel economy. Besides, you will reduce air pollution and its harmful emission.
Signs of Worn-out Spark Plugs
- Troubles in starting your car
- Reduced performance
- Poor fuel economy
- Pinging, rattling, or knock-like noises
In case you experience any of those symptoms, it is advisable to have your car inspected to prevent further issues. When purchasing a spark plug, ensure you choose the correct one according to your need and car type to suit engine requirements.
Consider if the spark plug is of conical type or incorporates a gasket. Similarly, consider the FJ Cruiser spark plug gap, its thread reach and diameter, as well as its insulator hose projection. In this article we are going to look at FJ Cruiser spark plugs suitable for replacement.
Top Spark Plugs For FJ Cruiser
Here is a list of some of the best spark plugs for the FJ Cruiser discussed in this review;
- NGK Laser Iridium plugs.
- Bosch Iridium spark plugs.
- Denso iridium spark plugs.
- Autolite Iridium spark plugs.
- Brisk Silver spark plug.
- Nitrode Nickel performance spark plug.
1. NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs
From the highly reputable NGK, the NGK ILFR5T11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug is an original and high performance spark plug suitable for the FJ Cruiser. It’s long-lasting, durable, and excellent in performance. Being six times tougher and more rigid than platinum, it provides the most extended life and strongest ignitability possible.
- Excellent performance– It boosts and perfects your engine’s performance by igniting the fuel or air mixture. Similarly, it withstands combustion pressure and high temperature within the combustion chamber.
- The engine runs efficiently with the lowest exhaust emissions, maximum fuel economy, and optimal performance due to effective combustion, lasting 80,000-100,000 miles
- Finest and quality materials– The triple- gasket sealing protects the spark plug from combustion or gas leakage. They also feature an alumina silicate insulator for physical strength and to ensure electric and heat transfer. To eradicate “flash-over,” which cause misfiring, the sparks plugs have corrugated ribs. For easier removal, installation, and cylinder head damage prevention, they have cold-rolled threads.
- Long- service– To provide slow wear and tear rate and superior ignitability for exceptionally long services, the NGK Laser spark plug feature a platinum disc and electrode iridium welded to the backside and center of the ground electrode, respectively.
- Warranty– It has three years or 36,000 miles warranty, proving this product is built to last and made to perform. They also comply with high industry standards.
2. BOSCH Iridium Spark Plug 9609
Representing the best and latest OE technology, BOSCH (9609) Iridium Spark Plugs are long-lasting with high performance. They are also original with a center-wide electrode tip for best performance.
- Rock-solid durability – They exhibit absolute durability.
- Maxim power– They ignite air-fuel mixture for maximum performance and power.
- Fuel efficiency– They provide maximum fuel efficiency.
- Consistent spark– They provide a consistent and robust spark with minimum ignition system draw from the start to the end.
- Warranty– Apart from starters and alternators, which have 24 months warranty, all other products of Robert Bosch LLC have 12 months warranty.
3. Denso (3417) Iridium Spark Plug
The Denso (3417) Long Life Spark Plug is long-lasting with a more durable alloy than platinum. It allows the trunk of the center electrode to only 0.7 mm in diameter. It produces quality spark plugs and improvement in ignitability whether you have a 2010, 2012, 2013 or 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- Quality and Durable Materials– The spark plugs are designed for long term use, under extreme conditions. The Denso’s patent alloy is eight times strong and six times harder than the conventional platinum. It can handle temperatures of more than 4,000 F. Having won the prestigious Deming award in 1961 for Quality, Denso products are exceptionally the best. They are ISO 9000 and QS 9000 certified worldwide, with almost zero defects.
- Excellent performance– Employing a revolutionary process of new 360 degrees laser-welding, the spark plug’s performance is the best in the market. It ensures exceptional structural strength and quality bond with the electrode iridium center. Besides, it boosts the performance of your car’s engine.
- Standards- It has complied with the industry’s standards built with its bars, built to last and for an excellent performance. It is reliable and provides hassle-free operation. The spark plugs are long-lasting manufactured according to the OEM service specifications.
- Warranty– To the end-user, Denso’s warranty on all its products is 12 months.
However, it has a limited lifetime warranty only to the original purchaser.
4. Autolite Iridium Spark Plug
If you are looking to upgrade your FJ’s ignition system to a maximum horsepower with ultimate combustion, then Autolite Iridium Spark plug is your perfect choice. It guarantees quick starts as it features the ground-breaking design.
- Efficient and reliable ignition system update.
- Provide high engine performance and improved ignitability.
- It has excellent focused ignition power due to the modern design used.
- It’s long-lasting, with total quality assurance for long term service.
- It’s positively fuel-efficient with a quicker acceleration.
5. Brisk Silver Spark Plug
Manufactured by Brisk, the Silver Spark plug is the perfect choice for your vehicle, if you want faster acceleration and more power. Its performance is excellent, designed with the modern and latest technology.
The spark plug is uncompromised, featuring unique and patent design; it has been developed by Brisk Expertise, promising you a worry-free and long- usage. Here are some of the features of the Brisk Silver Spark Plug:
- It’s made of silver, which is the best conductor of electricity and thermal heat.
- Its quality and long-lasting materials used to make it ensures ultimate durability.
- The superior ignition ability is perfect for engine power increase.
- It is designed to deliver consistent and trouble-free performance.
However, it has no warranty.
6. Nitrode Nickel Performance Spark Plug
From Nitrode manufacturers, Nitrode Nickel Performance Nickel Spark plug is a friendly spark to the environment. It reduces emissions and fuel consumption production more power for better performance in any FJ Cruiser.
Here are some of the features of Nitrode Spark Plugs:
- Durable – All products from Nitrode are made from the sturdiest and quality materials for trouble-free and reliable services.
- Environment friendly– They have a larger diameter to generate and provide cleaner burn of the fuel and complete combustion.
- Warranty– The products are inspected by Nitrode expertise before being dispatched, ensuring zero-defects and the highest quality standards. Therefore, the Nitrode company offers- year warranty to the original buyer from the date of purchase. They have less consumption and emission, with more comfortable starting and more HP.
Without a spark plug, your vehicle can’t start or move. Similarly, if your spark plug is faulty, you will experience problems like emissions, use of more fuel, and engine problems.
To avoid all these issues, you need a good and reliable spark plug. Similarly, ensure to get an excellent and durable plug. The spark plug should be made of quality material for more extended service. It should also have a large diameter for better emission a superb performance.